I think that the idea of having a PLN is huge. For the most part PLNs that we find ourselves using day to day are very informal and may not be recognize as more that a good friend with advice, or a family member with an expertise. Now that we are all connected online, we have the ability to seek out experts in any field and pick their brains.
In my experience I have been a very selfish user of PLNs outside of face to face experience sharing. My biggest tool is youtube by far. When ever I am trying to build something new, make a repair, or find a new strategy i head to YouTube. They knowledge shared may not always be given by experts, but it informs me enough to take an educated next step.
When it comes to education my most valued PLN is Pintrest. Again it is another very selfish way to find information. If you are planning a new lesson and want to find a fun game or some worksheets to use, look on Pintrest. If you are looking for great recipes to share with you students or your family, look on Pintrest. It is a one stop shop.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Rhyming Activities
Both of theses platforms survive by the content that their users provide. It is easy to remain anonymous like I have and consume knowledge without giving back. That is the struggle. We all have to find our expertise and share that with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment